Now that winter has come to an end, it’s time to dust off those blinds and get ready to open up those windows! We’ve put together some window maintenance tips to help get you ready for the warmer weather.
- Clean the tracks. Clean window tracks of any debris to keep the weep holes free of blockage.
- Be smart about window coverings. Close drapes, blinds, or shutters on hot days to block out sunlight and open them on cold, sunny days to let it in.
- Save energy. Take care not to leave your windows open for significant periods of time when the HVAC system is operating.
- Let them shine. Clean interior glass with a premixed vinegar-based cleaning solution (1 part white vinegar to 1 part water) and a soft towel. Rinse with clear water.
- What not to do. Avoid using ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners, as they attract moisture and dirt. Do not clean in direct sunlight. Do not use razor blades, as they can scratch the glass and cause it to break.
Your dwellingLIVE account has even more information and maintenance reminders to help your windows look and perform their best.