This month, we reminded you to deep clean the interior and exterior of your refrigerator. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to quickly tackle this important maintenance task.
- Take Everything Out. As you empty out the fridge, have three different areas to place items in. One area is for things going back in, the second is for containers that need to be cleaned out, and the third is of course the trash for items beyond salvaging. Also, remove or open your drawers for easy access for our next step.
- Spray, Spray, Spray. Using a solution of equal parts white distilled vinegar and warm water, spray the inside of the fridge, the outside of the fridge, and any containers that are going back in the fridge.
- Clean While It Soaks In. While the vinegar solution soaks in for a few minutes, clean any removable drawers with warm soapy water.
- Wipe it All Down. Use a clean rag to wipe everything down and dry it.
- Put Back the Keepers. Put your drawers back in the fridge, along with anything else that made the cut.
- Bonus! Vacuum your refrigerator’s coils to keep them dust-free and working more efficiently!
For more maintenance information, remember to log in to dwellingLIVE to view a searchable copy of your Homeowner Maintenance Guide and access your Manufacturer’s documentation.